Diabetes Sucks!!!

I don't like it! I don't want it! But I've got it! And once you have it, you always have it. But I can do something about it and that is what this blog is about. My journey to better health and wellness. Yes, for the rest of my life!!!

Monday, June 23, 2008

What would you do?

.
FBS - ? (will know tomorrow)
.
Weight - 156 lbs.
.
27:02
.
84/458/1,000
.
I did a full workout today at PF with KJ. Then we ran 2 miles around 6 pm. I got a prescription for an inhaler for the exercise induced asthma diagnosed 10 years ago since I hadn't needed it for a while. So, I had troubles. I had to stop running at the half way point to slow down my heart rate and cool myself down. In the sun, the heat raises my core temp too high. I ran for a half mile and then walked a quarter mile and ran the last quarter. The time was still respectable but nothing like Saturday's run.
.
So, my headline..."What Would You Do?", was the question I asked KJ if I had passed out and he couldn't get me to respond. He did well, saying that he would get my phone (I always carry it) and call 911 first. I wanted to make sure he called 911 before calling home. Plus, I asked him to give directions of where we were and he knows the streets and subdivision names pretty well. i felt confident in his choices...not so much on my choice of when to run!!!
.

No comments: