Diabetes Sucks!!!

I don't like it! I don't want it! But I've got it! And once you have it, you always have it. But I can do something about it and that is what this blog is about. My journey to better health and wellness. Yes, for the rest of my life!!!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Today...not so much!!!

.
FBS - 109 (yes, it's true!)
.
Okay, today wasn't the best day in terms of what I was hoping to achieve. I started off the morning by taking my blood sugar. I had a pork chop dinner last night complete with TWO helpings of mac and cheese, green beans, peas and cooked carrots. *sigh* The mac and cheese (namely the mac) did me in! I know I have to watch the carbs and I went totally overboard in the portion size I had. And the reality check is that I paid a price for it! Well, I look forward to tomorrow being a better blood sugar kind of day!
.
I sacrificed my walk for today by letting KJ have a friend over right after school, until 6 pm. My tail end window of opportunity for daylight walking is 5 pm start time. So, needless to say, I wasn't able to make that. And then Kent came home and hopped on the treadmill (I'm not complaining about that at all!) and then I let the rest of the evening go. So, I will get back on track for tomorrow.
.
I was able to get on-line to surf for information I check into every once in a while. A good video on how to stretch when sitting at a desk all day can be seen here. And if you want to know how many calories you burn by certain household tasks, look here.
.

No comments: