Diabetes Sucks!!!

I don't like it! I don't want it! But I've got it! And once you have it, you always have it. But I can do something about it and that is what this blog is about. My journey to better health and wellness. Yes, for the rest of my life!!!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Heat Is On...

.
-Glenn Frey (The Eagles)
.
1:13:57
.
58/334/1,000
.
Yes, today is was a hot one. I began my walk before 6 pm and that was at 81 degrees!!! I brought along 2 bottles. One with water to start with and the other with Gatorade. Glad I did...I polished them both off!!! I put the water bottle (half filled) in the freezer the night before and filled it to the top with cold water. When the water is gone and only a big blob of ice remains, I put that bottle in my fanny pack and take out the Gatorade and finish that one then I finish up the water which is melted by that time. Sometimes, I have put a half bottle of Gatorade in the freezer, too, just so it doesn't get too hot. Yeah, it really can get too warm being held in my hot hands!!! I'm still tempted to get that Camelbak and start using it. I figure if I have that on my back, I can start using hand weights when I walk. I will have to work out the Gatorade part. I will probably put ice cubes and water to about 3/4 way and fill it the rest of the way up with Gatorade. Watered down but that's okay. I don't mind the taste as long as it is cold enough and the Gatorade has the electrolytes I need for the walk...especially in the heat of the upcoming summer.
.

No comments: