Diabetes Sucks!!!

I don't like it! I don't want it! But I've got it! And once you have it, you always have it. But I can do something about it and that is what this blog is about. My journey to better health and wellness. Yes, for the rest of my life!!!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

What would you do?

.
FBS - 80
.
16/80/1,000
.
1:15:03 - 120 situps
.
It just occurred to me that my time might be off anywhere from 15-30 seconds because of all the streets I cross and the drivers that won't let me go on. Not usually over the weekend but during the week, I have to cross 12 intersections or entrances with a heavy amount of traffic driving by. One of which can be aggitatingly busy!!! I need to keep better track of how many seconds lapse as it can cut into my time by half a minute or more. Most people won't let me go by. They are in a hurry to get to their destination and I am not the stronger of the two in transit. So, I motion people by almost always. Sometimes, though, I get someone who must hit the sidewalks themselves and understand the pace that a walker/jogger/runner likes to keep for stride and continuity purposes. They will stop completely and wave their hand out the window for me to go on. I always wave to them and silently say thank you so they can read my lips.
.
What do you do when you are driving and come upon a pedestrian? If you don't have someone close on your tail, let them go. It's good Kharma and they will appreciate it. Especially if they are intent on their exercising.
.

No comments: