Diabetes Sucks!!!

I don't like it! I don't want it! But I've got it! And once you have it, you always have it. But I can do something about it and that is what this blog is about. My journey to better health and wellness. Yes, for the rest of my life!!!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm walking in the rain...

.
1:11:42
.
32/158/1,000
.
Today's walk started of with "moist" pavement from an earlier drizzle but I watched for 30 minutes before I headed out with no signs of rain coming down. As I rounded the corner from my house to Lockwood Blvd, it was drizzling and I didn't think twice about going on. As I passed the school's second entrance, it was definitely raining but I still didn't think twice. (I just keep on keepin on!)
.
By the time I got home, and with many moments of sloshing off the water that was pouring down my face...using my hands because my towel I always bring was soaking wet (hah!), I removed my soaked shoes, soaked socks, soaked....well, everything, right down to my skivvies!!! And I felt great!!! The water kept me cool and kept my joints moving, as well. Nothing stops those who have a mission. And I believe this is my second fastest walk.
.
Woo-hoo!!!
.

No comments: