Diabetes Sucks!!!

I don't like it! I don't want it! But I've got it! And once you have it, you always have it. But I can do something about it and that is what this blog is about. My journey to better health and wellness. Yes, for the rest of my life!!!

Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm proud of me......

.
1:17:27
.
1,184
.
I had problems sleeping the past two nights (before last night) so I took a Melatonin (ask your doc before you take) and slept pretty well. I did wake up a little slower than usual...almost groggy, but I kept moving, stretching, starting my routine for the day. I got KJ motivated enough to go to PF with me and we got home just before 5 pm. Since everyone was already home and I cooked all week and decided to go out for dinner, I figured I had to walk/run earlier and, of course, in the heat of the still showing sun. Okay, I loaded up on 4 oz. of Gatorade and put half Gatorade in my iced bottle and went out. I was able to do one mile but hit the heat harder than i wanted so I slowed to a walk until I could manage a faster pace. I finished my bottle way before I ought to so I knew I could potentially get dehydrated quickly (been there, done that) so I just meditated while I walked and the clouds pushed their way into site of the sun! Yeah!!! I ran the last mile and a quarter home and finished in under an hour and ten. Plus the mile I did on the elyptical. So, even though it appears slow, it was what I could do for the day. I am very satisfied with it and with myself.
.

No comments: